header pic

header pic

Friday, November 27, 2015

Tanoshii Dezato @ Tropicana City Mall Review

It has been a few months since I step foot into Tropicana City Mall. Yesterday, I stumbled upon a cute dessert stall on the Lower Ground floor of the mall. Tanoshii Dezato is a stall selling Japanese Taiyaki which is a fish shape snack with stuffing and ice cream on top. Cute shape snack with ice cream? I am SOLD!



They have three signature taiyakis which is perfect for those who are lazy to customize their own taiyaki. They are supposed to be perfectly paired flavours of the stuffing, ice cream and fruit to be filled into the fish shaped waffle.

I went for the Matcha, chocolate and banana (RM12.80) signature Taiyaki. I then ordered my taiyaki and paid at the counter. After paying, I stood  there for a few seconds until the guy told me to have a seat. When I went to the back of the counter and took a seat, I realized that they actually make the fish waffle only when we order it. Not a snack for whoever in a rush.

Freshly made, the guy then scooped the ice cream and place it on the taiyaki before finishing it with the banana and a mini chocolate stick. Walaa! You got your taiyaki!


First thing that my bae told me was to just sit there and finish it or it can get MESSY! And this is what I will advise you to do as well. Guess what? My new bag got stained from a drop of the ice cream. Thank lord for baby wipes, I cleaned the stain off easily without any damage on my bag. PHEW!!!!

Oh ya,beware of the HOT WAFFLE! It is pretty hot when it is served. Crispy on the outside and soft on the inside, the fish waffle was really good. The ice cream was also pretty decent as well and was complemented nicely with a few pieces of bananas. One thing that I would change the  next time I order is the stuffing. The matcha stuffing in the fish tail is a little bitter. Weird right? I guess I will go for the custard or Oreo crunch the next time. Portion is alright for the price paid.

When I came home, I went online and search for Tanoshii Dezato and noticed this


Now I wonder why mine did not come in the matching fish body and tail printed box but in a flimsy paper like thingy. I can't help but feel a little disappointed. If it was served in this box, I would have took a better picture of my Taiyaki.

Will I revisit? Yes when I am in Tropicana City Mall the next time. And they better serve my Taiyaki as shown in this picture!


Tanoshii Dezato
LG-K11, Tropicana City Mall
No.3, Jalan SS20/27
47400 Petaling Jaya
+60 3 7731 8300

1 comment: