header pic

header pic

Tuesday, November 17, 2015

SK-II Products Review

Who hasn't heard about the oh-so-miracle SK-II products claiming to be the fountain of youth to women around the world? Its renowned Pitera ingredient is their star in their products. SK-II is endorsed by many celebrities be is Western or Asian. Any woman will want to own this product since most of us are pretty vain nowadays especially with the influence of social media.




One day, I was just walking in Publika with my beloved mother and there come a guy dressed in suit and tie handing us fresh roses. Yeah. It turned out that there is a SK-II event held there and they hired a few good looking dudes handing out roses to ladies promoting the event. Out of curiosity, we went to take a look. Since the products were on promotion, I ending up getting a simple set just to try.

Fast forward the whole story, many months later I am here writing a honest and truthful review on how the products did for my skin. I hope you will find it useful.



Miracle in a Bottle Set

Do excuse the not so attractive dirt on my cleanser. But this is a set which comes with  their Facial Treatment Gentle Cleanser, Facial Treatment Essence and 1 piece of Facial Treatment Mask. I only use the cleanser in the morning and the essence at night before sleeping since it is quite an expensive purchase. At night, I use my Khiel's cleanser which I adores dearly after removing my make up. 



 Again, excuse the dirt near the cap.

This is how it looks. You don't need much unless you face is like super huge. 

Facial Treatment Gentle Cleanser
Luxurious, Japanese and cherry blossom is the first three things that went through my mind when the scent of this cleanser hits my nose. The smell is really nice and it makes me feel like I am some rich Japanese lady washing my face. LOL. Press a small amount out and massage it onto your face. Do remember  to wet your face a little so that it foams up easily.

If you have acne prone skin, this might not do much for your annoying pimples and blackheads. This is the reason why I use it only in the morning. I feel that I need to really cleanse my face REAL GOOD at night to remove any impurities or dirt on my face. I don't know why but I just don't feel that this cleanser cleans my face enough. However, I must say that my face feels really smooth after using this cleanser. This cleanser also does not make my skin dry or have the 'tight' sensation. So far, I experience no breakouts from this cleanser.

Will I repurchase? Probably not. I don't think it is worth the price at all.

 The bottle is so pretty!

Looks really clear like water.

Facial Treatment Essence
Next, on to the famous Facial Treatment Essence or known in short as FTE! I know that this product contains paraben which is supposedly not good for you as it may cause cancer. But I have read that small amount of it is not harmful unless if you are using many products with the ingredient in it. I guess using just this one product that contains paraben is fine. 

For me, I use my hands to pat it onto my face although you may also use a cotton pad to do so. At first, the smell of FTE which is kind of weird really did bothered me a little. I don't really know how to describe the smell. It smells like chemical I think? However after using it for a few weeks, I obviously got over the weird smell. After months of using it, the texture of my skin definitely got better in terms of smoothness, brightness and firmness. Do note that I experienced quite a bad breakout during the first week of using this but it was gone after that. 

Will I repurchase? Most probably yes. 


Facial Treatment Mask
This is a crazy pricey mask priced at RM56.00 per piece which you will only use once and throw it away. By the way, this mask either came in the set or it was a free gift. I can not ever imagine myself buying a piece of mask for this price, EVER.  Of course if you are smart like me (just kidding), you will save the serum up int the pack for second helping of the mask. Just soak some cotton pads in the serum the next round and use it as a mask again. 

It is obvious that when you take the mask out, it is very different from other masks from other brands. The piece of sheet mask is much thicker and the texture is also different. After using the mask, I immediately saw my skin went instantly brighter. Not only that, it was really hydrated and plump.  Thumbs up on the mask.

Will I repurchase? Yes but I will only use when there is special occasions.

No comments:

Post a Comment