header pic

header pic

Friday, November 13, 2015

Cafe Lafayette @ Damansara Uptown Review



Cafe Lafayette is quite a new boy in town located in the competitive Damansara Utama Uptown area. Many cafes  have been sprouting here and Cafe Lafayette  is one of them. This new boy is pretty popular in social media like Instagram and Facebook. No reason not to pop by this first floor cafe. Take the flight of stairs up beside Fat Spoon Cafe and there you are!



On the way up. Spot the telephone booth on your left!


Counter Area


Ahhh.... This cafe is so cozy. 


Some cute decors. OMG! It is TED!!!


Comfy pillows!


 Ain't this area look so chic? 


This cafe serves all day breakfast. Yay for that! I love eating breakfast dishes ANYTIME of the day! You can find typical cafe food there like Aglio Olio, Fish & Chips, Chicken Chop, Chicken Roulade just to name a few. Cafes in Malaysia seldom serves risotto but this is not the case with Cafe Lafayette.


 Mushroom Risotto (RM15.90)

When I saw on social media that they serve risotto, I told myself that I MUST try it out. The mushroom risotto is their signature risotto dish. It may look like a small plate of risotto but I was stuffed towards the end of finishing up my plate! Rich and creamy, this risotto is bursting with flavors and cooked perfectly. You know how some risottos are overcooked and the texture can be mushy. So give this a try when you are here. 


 American Big Breakfast (Chicken) (RM19.90)
Green Tea Latte (RM11)

On the other hand, the big breakfast set is HUGE! Look at how it is occupying the entire plate.The salad was like a typical supermarket-like kind of salad with Thousand Island sauce. The mushrooms however was nicely sauteed. Since I am not a big fan of onion rings, I don't know if I liked it or not. What I liked was the egg which was fluffy and nice. 

Since I am not a coffee drinker, I opted  for the Green Tea Latte. On the first sip, it was creamy and rich. After taking few more sips, I wished that it was less sweet. 

Will I come back again? Maybe. 



Cafe Lafayette
75M, First Floor, Jalan SS21/1A,
47400 Damansara Uptown,
Petaling Jaya.
Opens Daily 11am-11pm
+60 3-7732 3118
https://www.facebook.com/lafayetteofqq



No comments:

Post a Comment