header pic

header pic

Friday, November 13, 2015

Hello Kitty Gourmet Cafe Review

Even before its opening, Hello Kitty Gourmet Cafe have been causing a lot of hype on the internet. I, a girly girl of course was super excited ever since I heard about it. This is the first Hello Kitty Cafe ever in Malaysia! I wanted badly to go during the day but too bad I only managed to visit this cafe at night. Well, the cafe is still pretty at night with its pinkish decor. You can easily spot this cafe from outside of Sunway Pyramid. It is just beside Cafe Benne.

Hello Kitty Tissues

Apparently, there is two floors at this cafe. The ground floor is for those having cakes and tea while the upper floor is for main meal. We went there for our dinner so we were told to head upstairs. But before I went upstairs, I took pictures downstairs. 



Seating area on the lower floor.
Look at those pink chairs!

Fake fireplace near the front counter. 


Look at the Kitty at the counter upstairs.


Isn't it so beautiful here?


Macaroons of various flavours. Pretty pricey though. Their macaroons come in flavours such as vanilla, jasmine, lemon, rose, etc etc.

Selfie time! Okay. I am just gonna post this and not bombard this post with all my selfies and wefies.



Chicken & Wild Mushroom Pasta (RM28.70)

While the cafe looks really pretty, the food here is pricey especially when the portion is pitifully small. This is the most ordinary tasting pasta I have ever ate for such a price. Nay for this! And did I mention that the Three Bs (three mini burgers) on the menu were not available on my visit? This is why I ended up having this pasta instead.


Berrylicious Waffles (RM26.30)

Just like the pasta, the waffles were also cute in size if I were to put it in better words.  Came with perfectly poached egg, the yolk flows beautifully on the waffles when I sliced into it. I don't know how this is berrylicious since there isn't much berry on it. Taste wise it wasn't really memorable either.

I must also mention that service here is slightly below par as the waiters are not knowledgeable about the menu. Maybe it is just communication problem as the waiters are foreigners. Anyhow, this cafe is really cute though it is lacking of more  Hello Kitty statues. There is only one statues per floor. 

Picture credits to Hello Kity Gourmet Cafe Facebook page.
They also serve really pretty looking afternoon tea  from 2.30pm to 6.30pm daily for RM99.50 for 2 pax.


Will I revisit? Maybe not. Or I might give their afternoon tea a try. 


Hello Kitty Gourmet Cafe
Lot OB.3.F.6 Oasis Boulevard
Ground Floor, Sunway Pyramid.
+60 3 5612 7703
http://hellokittygourmet.com.my/

No comments:

Post a Comment