header pic

header pic

Sunday, December 20, 2015

Kiehl's Product Review

Kiehl's is definitely a brand that is famous for their generous sampling. I first encounter this brand two years ago when I had REALLY terrible acne despite not being a hormone raging teenager anymore. Cellnique's products used to work miraculously combating all my annoying pimples until my skin got a little sensitive towards their products.That was why I switched some of my skin care products to Kiehl's. Ever since then, I have been a big Kiehl's fan.

Anyway, being a Friend of Kiehl's means that you get 10% off on your birthday month. Perfect timing this month for me to buy some of their products. What's even better is that you get free birthday gift! 


Looks like its a lot of goodies that I have gotten right? I actually only purchased TWO items. Two of them are birthday gifts and the rest are samples. Now on to the product review.


These two products are what I got for this purchase and the masque is one of their top 10 best sellers.



This is my third time purchasing the Blemish Control Daily Skin-Clearing Treatment (RM127) and it works just almost as good as the Cellnique's Sebum Gel (RM180). I have to admit the Cellnique's Sebum Gel works much faster but it does dry out your skin pretty badly. This is not the case with the former. Price wise it is obvious that Kiehls' is the winner here.


The consistency of the Skin-Clearing Treatment is quite watery so be gentle when you are squeezing it out or you may just end up with too much product on your fingers. Remember to only apply this only on your problem areas and not the whole face. It really does help in reducing the redness of your pimple and dries it out a little. It usually take two to three days for my pimple to be cured using this product. Oh ya, you are supposed to use this before your moisturizer.

4 stars for this product.


The Rare Earth Deep Pore Cleansing Masque (RM122) is one of the top 10 products among all Kiehl's products. A year ago, I got this product as a sample and  I fell  in love with it. Happily, I hop into their store to get it but it was out of stock twice and then I just totally forgotten about it. I am happy I have gotten it this time.

RM122 might sound really pricey but it is a BIG TUB of product. Plus, you are only using this twice a week at most. I am sure it can last at least an entire year. When I purchased this, the sales person told me to only leave it on for around 10 minutes and apply a thin layer only. This is used after cleansing your face.


I like to keep my hair out of my face by wearing this cute bow hairband while I do my skin care routine. So here is how it looks like after you applied it on your face. Greyish face is probably not the most attractive but who cares? After awhile, the masque will dry up a little and you have to use lukewarm water to remove it, preferably with a face towel as well. After removing the masque, your skin will feel really clean! Like REALLY REALLY CLEAN!

I do have to warn you guys that it might tingle just a little bit and that it feels a little warm on some spots. Anyhow, this masque is suitable for those with oily or combination skin. I do not recommend this to those with dry skin.

4 stars for this as well.

I actually have the full size product of two samples that I have received which I will also review in this post below.


The Calendula Deep Cleansing Foaming Face Wash (RM114) is a cleanser that I have been using every evening. It comes out as a gel formula and when you lather it up, it will become more like a foam formula. Deep cleansing? I doubt it actually but it is a very gentle product that DOES NOT dry out my skin. What I do not like about this product is that it does not come with a cap to close the pump on the top. Other than that, I find no other fault in this product.

4 stars for this cleanser

Their best seller of all time is this Calendula Herbal-Extract Toner (RM89 for 125ml, RM149 for 250ml, RM232 for 500ml) which happens to be my favourite product from Kiehl's. As you can see, I have already finished up my bottle which is my third bottle of this toner already. The reason why I did not repurchase this is simply because I have yet to finish up my other toners.

Why I LOVE this product? It is again, a gentle product which smells AMAZING but in a natural way and nothing chemical. Plus it does not sting your pimples nor leave your skin feel really tight. This toner is also alcohol free which is another plus point. It might be expensive for a toner but it is totally worth it for those with acne prone skin. My acne situation really improved when I was using this product. When I stopped using this toner for a few months, my acne started to come back. If you are one of those lucky ones which do not have acne, I suggest you to skip this product instead.

5 stars all the way!!!!


Birthday gift from Kiehl's which is awesome!

Lastly, do request for samples if the sales person did not give you any. I remember once I received no samples at all although I purchased three products which kind of sucks actually and I forgotten to ask for them. Yeah I can get forgetful sometimes. You will never know if you never try new products which might just be your holy grail. Samples are also great when you go on a vacation as bringing full size means taking up luggage space. I shall save the samples of the cleanser, toner and the moisturizer for my trip to Singapore in a week time!

No comments:

Post a Comment