header pic

header pic

Friday, January 1, 2016

Kid Friendly Benbino @ Publika Review

Benbino is a fun restaurant in Publika which is also under the  management of BIG's Group. Being a kid friendly restaurant, there is a playground area outside of the indoor seating. This place is perfect for those weekend family outing with kids! If you have a small appetite, this is also a place for you where kid size meals are served here. Looks like BIG is taking over Publika huh?

Look at  the giraffe! By the way, that is not a slide on the right side but a spiral stairs which leads up to  Benbino. It really look like a big slide for kids to slide down from the first floor. 
I would say this restaurant is more suitable for  day time dining. You can easily monitor your kid playing in the playground or just seat at the outdoor area if you are extra anxious. 


Now lets go into the restaurant shall we? It already looks really bright and fun from the outside. Perfect for a weekend meal. 

 The sinful dessert area. 

 I am on a diet. Please stop tempting me!

 Oh my. Everything look so delicious!

 S'mores cookies! 

Okay I guess I will have some desserts later. I give in. 

The menu really suits the theme of restaurant being a kid friendly place. It is colourful and simple to understand. Nothing fancy but straightforward. Being here already made my day. It really gets me into the cheerful mood.



By the way, check out their creative way of hanging the lamps. 

Some food here has two prices, one for kid size and another for adult size. The kid size meals are perfect for small eaters. You don't have to be a kid to opt for the kid size here. If you are just a regular eater, just have the regular one then.  

Teriyaki Bowl (RM12 for kid, RM20 for adult)

For RM12, the amount of chicken teriyaki is a lot. I love the onsen egg which goes really well with the bowl. Overall this is pretty good.

Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs (RM20 for kid, RM35 for adult)

I love the name of this dish which is named after the Disney movie, Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs. You get two meatballs for kid size which I think is too little for the price you pay. Taste wise, it is quite homely. I wouldn't say this is the best dish here though.

Shepherd's Pie (RM22)

The Shepherd's Pie is one of the few dishes which only has one size. The pie came with french fries which tasted okay but lack of saltiness. The pie itself is good with creamy mashed potatoes on top. Best dish of the three that we ordered.

Baby Latte (RM6) on the left, Baby  Choco-Cino (RM6) on the right

Ain't these two drinks cute? Be caution if you ordered the Baby Choco-Cino as the torched meringue is quite sticky. I poked my mini spoon in and the chocolate poured out though the hole. So I had to put a tissue on the small handle to hold my cup. Anyway, the chocolate drink was just way way way too sweet. It felt like I was drinking sugar more than chocolate. Nay for it! The size of these drinks are really small so I recommend to just get the regular size ones instead. 

'Bino Doughnuts with Chocolate Dip (RM5)

 S'mores Cookie (RM5)

Ending it on a sweet note, the S'mores  are pretty decent though a little too sticky. The doughnut is just like regular doughnuts that you can get anywhere. 

Will I revisit? Yes maybe.

Benbino
Lot 49B, Level G3
Publika Solaris Dutamas
Jalan Dutamas 1
50480 Kuala Lumpur
Tuesdays - Sundays 
10am-9pm
http://thebiggroup.co/benbino/

No comments:

Post a Comment