header pic

header pic

Friday, January 1, 2016

Menya Musashi @ One Utama Review

If you know me well, this is my FAVOURITE ramen place in Klang Valley. Weekdays or weekends, Menya Musashi is most of the time full house. Menya Musashi is located in Isetan and just right next to another ramen outlet, Hokkaido Gantetsu which is less popular.


There's already a crowd outside at around 6.30pm so come early or you might have to wait for seats.


This set is actually very worth it at RM60 for two bowls of ramen with a side dish, a salad and two green teas. But this is not what we got because I prefer the mix flavour oil.


Basically they have four types of flavours which is the White/Shiro (onion flavoured oil), Black/Kuro (shallot & garlic flavoured oil), Red/Aka (chili flavoured oil) and Yellow/Ki (curry flavoured oil). The mixed ones are Kuro & Aka or Aka & Ki, both my favourites here.

As for ramen, they have regular one, Miso Ramen which is more salty than the regular one, and also Tsukemen noodles served separately from the broth. So far I have tried the Tsukemen once and it was just alright in my opinion. Nothing beats a hot bowl of ramen.

They have other rice dishes as well and not forgetting side dishes such as Gyoza. I usually skip the sides as the ramen itself is really filling. 

Musashi Ramen, Kuro Aka (RM28)

The Kuro Aka Musashi Ramen is my regular order here as I am a garlic lover. Some might find it disgusting but I don't care. I love garlic! This bowl of ramen comes with 2 pieces of pork, an egg and bamboo shoots. I would have to admit that as much as  I love this ramen place, there are times where they mess up my egg that ends up overcooked. The broth here is just as perfect as the noodles. The texture of the noodles here are just right, not too soft or too hard. Plus the thickness of the noodles here are not too thin unlike some other ramen outlet. I really do not fancy thin ramen noodles. The pork slices? Heavenly.


Yes, they have fried garlic for you to add into your ramen. Do I add it in? Of course. 

Musashi Ramen, Aka Ki (RM28)

My boyfriend's regular order here is the Aka Ki Musashi Ramen which is perfect for those who love curry noodle! I also love this as well. It is not too spicy but just right. The broth is again really rich in flavour just like my Kuro Aka broth. 

Ajitama Miso Ramen, Shiro (RM30)

If you like your ramen  to be more salty, get the miso ramen. The miso ramen also come with cabbage and sesama apart from what is in the regular ramen. Not my favourite here but still a damn good bowl of ramen.  

Once, my boyfriend actually got an extra bowl of just ramen noodles to be added into his soup. Gluttony, I know. He is a big eater. Do not ever do this! According to him, it is just not as good as it is if you just add it in. I guess it is because his soup has cooled down? 

Menya Musashi
2nd Floor, Isetan Eat Paradise
One Utama 
Daily 11am - 10pm


No comments:

Post a Comment