header pic

header pic

Sunday, December 13, 2015

Bankara Ramen @ Avenue K Review

Spotted Bankara Ramen at Avenue K few months ago when I was there after a meal at Wondermama X. I looked online for some reviews and it seems to be quite a good ramen place so I know I have to try it myself. Bankara  Ramen is located just beside the escalator on Level 2.


Like most Japanese restaurant, they have a lantern outside of it. Menu is also available for you to browse through before deciding to dine here or not.


These fake ramen displays look quite real huh?


Going into the restaurant, you will be greeted with a big door which is left open. The door looked heavy and solid. It feels really classy inside here, in a Japanese way.


Here, you have a choice between Bankara, Tonkotsu and Miso broth for your ramen. They also serve Tsukemen, ramen noodles served separately from the broth which I have only tried once in Menya Musashi. 


Like most ramen places, they also serve rice bowl. Cool thing about Bankara is that they provide sesame seeds, whole garlic cloves with an instrument to crush them, and pickled ginger as shown in the picture above. 

Bankara Original (RM23.80) with Ni Tamago (RM2.50)

As usual, I topped my ramen with Tamago eggs. First look at the ramen, it was as oily as it can get. Not a good first impression.


Can you see the amount of oil? It is pretty crazy. I never fancy any soup that is oily. I wondered if I can even finish half of this bowl. 


Thankfully, the texture of the noodles are PERFECT. I really enjoyed the noodles and tried to overlook the oiliness. This bowl of ramen comes with a piece of seaweed, some bamboo shoots and only a slice of Chashu. One piece of chashu was not enough for me. It was pretty darn good. The eggs were kind of ruined by the oil but I still loved it.

Buta Kakuni Don (RM16.50)

The Buta Kakuni Don is worth every penny of your money. Generous amount of braised pork belly can be found in this tiny little looking bowl and it gets better with a perfectly poached egg! The Mayonnaise sauce really complemented well with the pork belly. I actually enjoyed this more than the ramen. If you think that this tiny bowl won't fill your belly up, you are wrong. Although I enjoyed how soft the pork belly were, it really got to me that it was just way too filling. And I ate less than half a bowl of ramen before trying to finish half a bowl of this Buta Kakudi Don.

Will I revisit? Yes but I think I will get the Buta Kakuni Don.

Bankara Ramen
Lot 2-7, Avenue K
Jalan Ampang
Kuala Lumpur
+60 3-2181 8618
http://bankaramalaysia.com/

They also just opened a branch in Mid Valley.


No comments:

Post a Comment