header pic

header pic

Sunday, December 6, 2015

The Ais @ Damansara Utama Review

Scrolling through Instagram one fine afternoon, I saw some really CUTE pictures with location tagged at The Ais. Without any hesitation, I went on Google and search on The Ais which what seemed to be another Artisan Ice Cream place in Uptown Damansara. I know I have to go there and check it out myself. Girls like me can NEVER get enough of cute looking food.


Apparently, they are undergoing some renovation so we got in through the side door. Excuse the pack of snack which some stranger left there.
The Ais is located along the same row with the infamous Sangkaya and Departure Lounge, above The Library. Be it day or night, parking is horrendous here most of the time.


This place is quite colorfully decorated to compensate for the rather small space that they are operating in. First floor cafes are always something that I like because of the view. Sadly, the view here is just some hawker centers across the road which are brightly lighted up during the night.



The menu here is really simple as you can see in the pictures. There is no printed menu but just a big one on the wall. Great way to save the environment I guess. When I saw the menu, I was quite baffled that I did not see the cute three balls thingy I saw on Instagram so I asked the guy if they served it. He told me it is just three scoops of ice cream. I think I made myself sound really stupid at that point.

 Some of the flavours here from left: Gula Melaka, Rum & Raisin, Blueberry Cheese, Cookies Dream

From left: Coffee & Nuts, Banana Walnuts, Paut Butter, Choc Rum & Raisin

More Flavours: Sweet Potato, Volcano, Matcha Oreo, Black Sesame, Coconut, Horlicks KitKat, Dark Chocolate, Mango

Counter area to order and pay

Plain water

So you pretty much choose what you want, the flavour of the ice cream, pay and then wait for them to serve you. Are you curious to know what made me came here? This!

3 Scoops of Ice Creams (RM18.90)

So what I saw on Instagram was a BIRD and they ran out of the eyes so they can only make this panda for me. What a bummer! So I got the Horlicks Kit Kat, Choc Rum & Raisin and Dark Chocolate. There's this Volcano flavour which is a spicy ice cream if you are into kinky ice cream flavours. 

This is just plain ice creams which is a little boring to me actually. Their ice creams are lacking a punch in flavour but would be perfect for those who hate overly sweet ice creams. Their ice creams are actually really light. Not my type of ice cream unfortunately.

Mini Pancake with Ice Cream (RM17.90)

Again, no bird but just a panda looking ice cream. This is my favourite from The Ais in terms of flavour and presentation. It is so Instagram-worthy! The mini pancakes are really good and fluffy but the ice cream is just meh...

Yogurt Delight (RM13.90)

Topped with grape slices and strawberry slices, this yogurt delight is recommended to those health-junkies who wants a dessert. There is muesli and natural yogurt at the bottom which actually taste pretty good when mixed with the ice cream. 


Will I revisit? Not really.  


The Ais
78A (First Floor), Jalan SS21/39
Damansara Utama,
47400 Petaling Jaya
2PM - 12 AM
+60 12 3456 837 
https://www.facebook.com/theaiscream/

No comments:

Post a Comment