header pic

header pic

Friday, February 12, 2016

Jose & Deli @ French Hotel, Ipoh

I was back in my hometown Ipoh to visit my granny during this Chinese New Year. Since on the first day, most places run by the local Chinese are closed we decided to have our breakfast in French Hotel near the Store. Walking into Jose & Deli, it felt very hipster and bright just like most cafes back in KL.



When we walked in, it was immediately clear that they were short handed. We literally walked into an empty cafe without seeing anybody at all. A few moments later, a lady came to greet us and then showing us to out place. Only one waitress were present but she was really friendly. 


Breakfast menu here is simple and clear with 4 options only. Good place if you are a fickle minded person (like my mother). It did took quite a while until we got our food so meanwhile we explored every corner of this beautifully decorated place.


Don't this sofa look just so comfy? It is located near the entrance and it feels really inviting. I took a seat on it and I refused to get my ass off it because of how nice it felt seating there.


They also sell a variety of items here like soaps, candles, and postcards. 


Quite a surprise to see them selling clothing pieces here as well like sweaters, shirts and dresses. Yes, all of these are for sale! 


There are two dining areas, one beside the windows and another inside this glass compartment.


Seating area inside the glass compartment which is not really my cup of tea so I just sat beside the window. 

Top: Traditional Breakfast 2 (RM18.00), Bottom: Traditional Breakfast 3 (RM18.00)

My mom had the scrambled eggs with smoked salmon on white bread while I went for 2 poached eggs with ham, potatoes and beans. You can choose to have coffee  or tea along with your breakfast set. The food here is the right portion but do not have high expectations as it tasted nothing spectacular but just decent. I would say my mom's breakfast is better than mine and more value for money. So do go for the smoked salmon on bread if you are here.

Jose & Deli
No 60 - 62 Level 1, French Hotel
Jalan Dato Onn Jaafar
30300 Ipoh
Perak
05-241 3712
https://www.facebook.com/joseanddeli/

No comments:

Post a Comment