header pic

header pic

Monday, February 15, 2016

Fifth Palate @ Kota Damansara Review

A few days ago, I decided to treat my very wonderful mother to a meal. After seeing good reviews on Facebook and several websites, I decided to bring her to Fifth Palate. I am always intrigued by creative dishes like their very famous Drunken Frenchman. Sweet and savoury together just sound so awesome. We arrived there around 2 something and parking was PLENTIFUL. Of course, it might be a little hard for some to locate this cafe located in Encorp Strand Garden Office. Do follow the signs put up by the cafe.

The cafe is bright and spacious. Very typical cafe ambiance but you will love it here. Menus are placed on the tables so there is no need to wait for menu. Just sit down and decide then order and pay at the counter. Of course, this is not a full fledged self service cafe. They will serve you  the food. This system reminds me of how hawker stalls operate. I love how friendly and smiley the staffs here are. 



Unlike most pictures on Instagram you see, the part of the cafe facing the parking area is actually as shown in the picture and not the classic black wordings on white background. That part is on the side of the cafe. Still, this view is pretty good.


Big windows allowing sunlight into the cafe is what I love. I prefer natural lighting over artificial lighting any day. I guess this is why those pictures are so Instagram-worthy.


Beside the counter, there is a cake display area which looks quite empty by the time I was there. Loving how colourful the juices are here.


Free water anybody? Free flow as well. Just help yourself here. I prefer to just have plain water. Not only you save money but also save you some calories! It is also good for your body and skin. 



Choices are plentiful here, from western to asian cuisine. My mother initially wanted the Everybody Loves Ramen but I was told that ramen was sold out. So she went with the Butcher's Breakfast as recommended by none other than me, with poached eggs and streaky pork bacon as her choice. I know she chose poached  eggs because she knows I LOVE them. Mothers are the best! Not only they know us well but treat us better than themselves. 

Butcher's Breakfast (RM29)

Almost everything in this Butcher's Breakfast came in pairs. Two eggs, two sausages, two streaks of bacons, two pieces of bread . Perfect for sharing. I kept going back for more chutney as it was amazingly good. Everything was perfect except the poached egg which unfortunately was tainted with the taste of vinegar. 

Drunken Frenchman (RM28) optional upgrade to rum & raisin ice cream at RM2

When the much awaited Drunken Frenchman was served, I was a little taken aback by the strong smell of their Guinness Stout reduction. Soon before I notice, I have gotten used to the smell. A main and a dessert all in one, this dish is a star to shine with its uniqueness. Luckily I did not order another dish as this was another dish that really fills you up. I also love that this dish is coherent unlike some dishes with sweet and savoury component that just does not blend well.

Although I am very happy with the food here, I can't help but feel that their dishes may just be a little overpriced. Don't worry, their prices shown has already included GST and service charges.

Will I revisit? Yes. I would like to try out their other dishes as well.

Fifth Palate
D-G-1, Encorp Strand Garden Office Malaysia
Jalan PJU 5/1
Kota Damansara
47810 Petaling Jaya
Selangor
+60 3-6144 0055
Thurs - Tues 10am - 6pm
https://www.facebook.com/fifthpalate/

No comments:

Post a Comment