header pic

header pic

Saturday, June 4, 2016

Go Noodle House @ One Utama Review

As long as a restaurant has good food, location does not matter much just like this branch of Go Noodle House in One Utama. Going into the alley leading to Go Noodle, I was surprised to see all tables filled up with a quite a number of people sitting on benches outside waiting for their tables. In my mind, I was about to walk away but my boyfriend decided to ask how long will the wait be. Luckily, it was only 10-15 minutes. So we sat on the bench outside and wait patiently.


Walking into the restaurant, I felt like I was transported back to the olden days in China. Many Chinese wine just like what you would see in TVB olden days drama are displayed on the shelves. Hanging tanglungs also added an extra touch to the whole restaurant feel.


The menu here is quite extensive for a noodle place. Best of all, you get to customize your bowl of noodle!

Firstly, choose between Mi Xian or Bee Hoon. My choice would go to Mi Xian which is a thicker version of Bee Hoon. Then choose your soup base, spicy or non spicy. Lastly, go crazy with the 'liu' aka toppings! They have a really good variety of toppings from pork balls to beef balls, fish slices to frogs, and scallops to mussels!



Don't fancy soup noodles? You can try their Pan Mee, available in both soup version or dry version. Again, you get a choice between thick, thin or tear noodles. I have not tried out their Pan Mee but I promise you I will be back again for them very soon. I am an avid fan of Pan Mee!


You get to add on toppings into your bowl of noodle if you feel like having more, for an additional cost of course. Else, you can also opt for a whole bowl of toppings as well.


They also happen to have side dishes such as Fu Chuk which is quite raved about. Again, I will try this out on my next visit as we over ordered this time.


One thing to keep in mind is to double check the order that you write on the sheet. They work very fast here. I happened to write down the wrong number and it was too  late when I told them although it was just mere minutes after I hand my order to them. I mixed up 610 with 601. So instead of Grouper Fish Slice, I got another bowl of Pork Balls.

101A Pork Balls with Mi Xian in Superior Soup (RM10.10), add on of AD 04 Bursting Meatballs (RM3.50)

Simple yet delicious, this is something I can eat quite often. The pork balls were fresh and flavourful. We got another whole bowl of pork balls which we happily finished them up without hesitation.


104A Bursting Meatballs with Mi Xian in  Superior Soup (RM10.40), add on of AD 07 Premium Beef  Slices (RM7.50)

You would not expect simple superior soup to be this good. The subtle wine taste in the soup is what makes it different from other noodle place. I loved everything in this bowl. The beef slices were thin and not overcooked.


Don't even stop me from telling you how good these bursting meatballs are! They are amaze-balls!

Overall, a decent experience here despite the 10-ish minutes wait as service was quick and food was great. You can find their branches at the newly opened Da Men, Jaya One, and Publika.

Go Noodle House
LG308 One Utama Shopping Centre
Lebuh Bandar Utama
Bandar Utama
47800 Petaling Jaya
Daily 10am - 10pm

No comments:

Post a Comment