header pic

header pic

Saturday, June 11, 2016

Afternoon Tea at TWG Pavilion

There is no doubt that TWG (The Wellness Group) is a very popular spot for having afternoon tea. Surprisingly, this company actually originated from Singapore, our very close neighbour. I've seen TWG at Marina Bay and it is BEAUTIFUL. I would say the TWG in Malaysia looks luxurious as well.

Tons and tons of tea are displayed at the entrance which looked absolutely stunning.


Look at how colourful these displays are!


These teapots are so shiny under the lights


We have more tea here. All beautifully packed, ready for you to gift it to someone. 


Their menu has changed since my last visit and I am thrilled to see new items being added.


When I saw the new high tea set, I was eager to try it out. It is quite different from what you will get if you ordered their Chic or Fortune high tea set. So one Imperial High Tea Set please.

Imperial  High Tea Set (RM79)

The new menu is also pretty exciting with more brunch sets as well as main course.


I spotted some new brunch sets here like the Pacific and Manhattan set. Prices also seemed to be increased which is no surprise. 


I think I did not see the Samurai Soba Salad the last time I was here. Seems quite an interesting choice of salad. 

One quick tip from me is if the bunch of you plans to order items from brunch, all day dining and tea set, come between 2pm to 3pm where everything is available except for their breakfast set which ends at 12pm.


My cup of tea here which came in the tea set. You better hope the person taking your order has good knowledge of their teas here otherwise it would be quite difficult to choose the flavour with their rather extensive tea selection.  Anyway I love having my tea without any sugar. Do get them to recommend you a tea depending on your preference.

Chicken Cordon Bleu and Forest Mushroom Ragout

The mushroom ragout was very flavourful and the vol-au-vent pastry has a very good texture as well. Unfortunately the chicken did not stand out much.

Breaded Prawn and Lamb Tagine

The lamb in the tart was another hit but the prawn was kind of a miss for me. I wished the prawn had more mayonnaise. 

Chocolate Muffins, Tuna Loin on Potato Salad and Poppy Seed Madeleine

I was quite surprised with the poppy seed madeleine as it tasted better than it looked. However, the chocolate muffins were just too sweet. The tuna loin with potato salad was another decent item on this high tea set.

Grand Wedding Tea Passion Fruit & Coconut Macarons, Chocolate Lemon Tarts, Cheesecakes, Raspberry Cone

I cannot help but wished that there were more of those melt-in-your-mouth cheesecakes on the top tier! The macarons were also great but would be better if they toned down the sweetness. It was a shame that I could barely taste any lemon flavour in the chocolate lemon tarts. 

Overall, I would come back to TWG for this tea set again. There were some hits and misses but again, overall a tea set that is worth paying for.

TWG Tea @ Pavilion
Lot P2.16.00 & 2.34.01 Level 2
Pavilion Kuala Lumpur
168, Jalan Bukit Bintang
55100 Kuala Lumpur
Tel: + 60 3 2142 9922

Also available at
The Gardens
Sunway Pyramid
KLIA
Gurney Paragon

No comments:

Post a Comment