header pic

header pic

Sunday, May 29, 2016

WonderMama X @ Avenue K Review

WonderMama  has been around for quite some time but I have not really took much notice of this restaurant which I don't know why. They have two outlets, one in Bangsar Village and another in Avenue K. Recently, I noticed that they are going to expand their territory to Petaling Jaya with a new branch in One Utama. I am excited for WonderMama to open in One Utama, a shopping mall where I am a regular, coming in every week for my movie date. I wonder if the new WonderMama will have the same interior design as the one in Avenue K.

Walking into the restaurant, it feels spacious and comfortable. The same cannot be said for the "outdoor" seating area which is an open space allowing you to have a view of shops across WonderMama X. I find the space there to be quite cramp so we chose to sit inside instead.


I wondered if the waiters ushered us to the "outdoor" seating area so that the restaurant looked more packed? Anyway, I am loving the spacious indoor seating area. We were the only table inside here although later on another group came in as well.


My father pointed out to me that these were gambling tickets from many years back before I noticed them.


The menu here is quite comprehensive with your comfort Malaysian food as well as Western cuisines.

Mum's Nyonya Laksa (RM17.90) 

This bowl of Mum's Nyonya Laksa  (RM17.90) was filled with great flavours. It is good to see that they are quite generous with the prawns, fish cakes and cockles.

Wonder Creamy Butter Chicken (RM18.90)

I guess burgers are not their forte here. Thankfully, the salad that came along was quite refreshing. The salad that they served was Malaysian-inspired as they included jambu air (rose apple) in it.

WM Black Spider Fried Rice (RM25.90)

I am a huge fan of soft shell crab and this dish did not disappoint me. The soft shell crab really went well with the fried rice although the portion of the rice was too big. Also, I do wished that the price for this dish was slightly more wallet friendly.

Pisang De Goreng (RM8.90)

This was the first item that they served us which I think was inappropriate since it is obviously a dessert dish to be served after our main meal. I still prefer our good old pisang goreng from the road side stall as compared to this.

Overall, I do love WonderMama as their offerings here are quite out of the box as compared to your usual cafes.

WonderMama X
G-6, Ground Floor, Avenue K, 156,
Jalan Ampang, Taman U Thant,
55000 Kuala Lumpur.
Daily 10 am - 10 pm
+60 3 2161 2589
http://wondermama.co/wondermama-avenuek/





No comments:

Post a Comment