header pic

header pic

Sunday, May 28, 2017

Ye Olde Smokehouse @ Fraser's Hill

Ye Olde Smokehouse is a place people associate with afternoon tea. But do you know that they also have a full fledged menu serving food from breakfast till dinner time. Also, they have two branches in Fraser's Hill and Bangsar apart from the most famous one in Cameron Highland.



I am pretty sure that everybody that walks in here will feel like they are in England. When you start to pay attention to all the little details, Ye Olde definitely seems quite rundown.


I always love chandeliers as they add a touch of class to any place.


 A cozy living room before the dining area. Guest may chill here while waiting for their food.


Look! Another place to hang out while watching TV. It does feel like home here although some renovation will definitely be appreciated.


Alaska Bombe?! OMG. I have to order it! Then again, all the desserts sounds really appealing too.


I wanted to order the beef wellington but unfortunately it was unavailable that day. What a turn off.

 Ye Olde also have a few dishes to cater to our vegetarian friends which is good.


Pretty intensive menu they have here although they are popular for tea time rather than main meal. Then again, I wouldn't mind having tea here as it feels really tranquil..

Roast Tenderloin of Beef & Yorkshire Pudding (RM70)

Since beef wellington was unavailable, I opted for the Roast Tenderloin of Beef & Yorkshire Pudding. To be honest, I was expecting more from this dish.Though the beef was cooked perfectly to what I ordered, the sauce just lacked of some punch. The Yorkshire Pudding that came with it was a little oily.

 Cream of Pumpkin (RM18)

Fortunately, the cream of pumpkin soup was flavorful and hearty. I really enjoyed the soup along with the bread that came with it.

Chicken & Mushroom Pie (RM55)


I guess Ye Olde is better at making pastries than cooking main courses. The Chicken & Mushroom Pie won over the beef tenderloin. Its pastry had the perfect texture and the pie filling was just creamy and full of flavours. I would choose this over the tenderloins any day! 

Bombe Alaska (RM40)

I was definitely excited to see the waiter bringing the Bombe Alaska out. After watching the flames subside, I rushed to dig in to this dessert. Unlike most desserts that leave you with the feeling of food coma, this was just right as it was not overly sweet. However, I do wished they replace the cherries with some other fruits.

Overall, the food here was alright though I would not pay such price. But I would like to highlight that the service here is really good with their friendly staffs. Perhaps this is a better place to have tea.

Ye Olde Smokehouse
Jalan Jeriau Bukit Fraser
Pahang
+609-3622226
http://www.thesmokehouse.my/?p=141

No comments:

Post a Comment